Community Development Specialist - South America
Planeterra Foundation is a non-profit organization harnessing the travel industry to invest in rural and underserved communities around the globe. Planeterra is the non-profit partner of the small-group travel company, G Adventures. Planeterra helps local businesses in travel destinations that are making a positive impact on their communities, supporting them to create a successful tourism experience by linking them into G Adventures travel itineraries.
Reporting in to the Program Manager for Latin America and the Caribbean, the South America Community Development Specialist will play a support role within the global Planeterra team, to help maintain and monitor existing Planeterra partner relationships with communities and non profit organizations in South America region.
GLOBAL PROGRAMS INFORMATION:
- Monitoring of our existing projects in South America.
- Work closely with community partners to support them with technical assistance to maintain and keep growing the community’s businesses and social enterprises supported by Planeterra.
- Gather Planeterra impact data (via partner and community surveys).
- Build a strong, friendly and open relationship between communities and our corporate partners (G Adventures, Travelsphere, and Just You).
- Assist the growth of the social enterprises supported by Planeterra to have more market access.
- Ensure that Planeterra community partners are continuing to evolve and improve their social enterprise and community businesses based on the current companies that use their services.
- Be a strong voice of Planeterra with community members and other partners.
- Promotion of Planeterra brand among the local partners.
- Any other activity needed by Planeterra team or Planeterra corporate partners and donors
- 2+ years of experience working in tourism with communities – related to tourism projects or community development projects.
- 2+ years of experience working in the tourism industry
- Knowledge and experience on small micro-enterprise development, small business management and financial reporting.
- Exceptional communication skills with rural community members.
- Knowledge to lead and support social enterprises in tourism.
- Advanced Spanish skills, both written and oral.
- Quechua language skills an asset.
- English language skills (written and oral) ideal.
- Ideally living in Cusco, Perú.
TIME COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION
- Estimated time is 4-5 days per month
- Compensation will be on a monthly basis, invoiced in USD by contractor
Joel Callañaupa, firstname.lastname@example.org Program Manager, Latin America & Caribbean
Kelly Galaski, email@example.com Director of Global Programs
All candidates should send an intention letter including their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org until August 29th, 2019 (12:00 p.m. Peru time).