Planeterra has set itself the hefty goal of creating 50 new projects by 2020. In the first year of implementation 11 projects were launched – and we have no intention of slowing down. As we set off to implement another 39 projects in the next four years, we welcome your ideas!
Ideally new projects should:
- Benefit disadvantaged youth, women, impoverished or indigenous communities.
- Follow the “trade not aid” philosophy in order to create a self-sustaining program.
- Be able to be part of a G Adventures Trip and provide a service to the travellers: accommodation, food, transportation, tours/experiences, souvenirs/handcrafts.
- Be located where many G Adventures groups will visit. More travellers and more departures mean more impact.
- Involve a local organization already operating on the ground in the area.
If you know a community group, social enterprise or nonprofit that could benefit from formal linkages to the tourism industry, we invite them to submit a proposal through our online form.